Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quick trip and Cet Mar

We took a quick trip to Lukeville yesterday to get our tourist visas. When we got there, my god, the line up! There were at least 100 cars ahead of us(and motor homes towing boats). We talked a bit, then decided to pull over and park and walk it. Best decision of the day. It was only about a 15 minute walk, and we got right through.

Bought some "Swiss" cheese at Lukeville (mozzarella with holes, why can't they have real cheese in the US? sigh), some cheddar and feta- I really do miss my Canadian cheeses. Bought pickles, and Oh! some really dark chewy bread! Then we got our visa lickety-split. We said, now we pay over there? And he said, No, don't bother, you can pay at any bank in PeƱasco. So we skipped the bank. Worst decision of the day, because we've been to two bansk here and they can't accept payment. However, one did say to come back tomorrow. So we'll see.

On Sunday I finally got to the local aquarium, which was interesting. Saw some rays, a little shark, lots of flounder and shrimp, some sea turtles and a sea lion, along with crabs of various types and some other fish. Here are a few pictures:






They were climbing over each other to see if I had food.




They have special Christmas beer here! I know I shouldn't buy bottles, but I had to try it. It was ok, a little darker than the norm.


So! The proposed coalition government! I am not going to comment, but I would LOVE to hear what everyone thinks. If you don't want to get into a political debate with other people here, just email me privately. Such fun!! So much more interesting than the American election.

6 comments:

Shirl said...

We could pay for ours in Alamos but only in the morning. Try that.

Cheryl said...

Sorry, I'll have to get back to you about the coalition thing. I'm incapable of forming a political opinion without input from Rick Mercer and he's off the air now until the new year...

Mel150 said...

heehee good to have you back, Cheryl.

Mitchel44 said...

Love the bottles, nice flowers.... LOL.

As for the political football? Here is apparently what Canadians think, read it and tell me where you think Atlantic Canadians stand.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081205/coalition_poll_082105/20081205?hub=TopStories

Ta

Mel150 said...

WOW! I can't believe a national station would so baltantly leave out a huge section of the country! So....where DO you stand? You can speak for all of Atlantic Canada.

Alicia said...

So, the way I understand it, Harper tried to piggyback a couple of pretty objectionable items onto his economic package? Then the Lib and NDP felt they had no choice but to call for a no confidence vote. But he didn't wait for that, he just ended the parliamentary session. Now the Conserv. have until Jan 26th to rally support for the government. I'm I getting it right? You should try and explain all that to people with a two party system! Anyway, nothing much is being reported in papers here (suprise) but I think the guy's an a#*^#**#! I think somebody's not playing nice in the sandbox.
luv ya