Friday, December 5, 2008

A little walk

I've been trying to walk 40 minutes a day around the neighborhood, which is very pleasant just now, temps in the low 20s. Two days ago I walked ten blocks, bought a 4x8 sheet of wooden lattice, and walked it back home. I did get a few odd looks, and provided Carl with a good laugh when a sheet of lattice walked past the living room window. Now to paint it and install it outside the guest room. There may also be some plants in place to climb it soon. There's a plant place just a few blocks from here on Melchor Ocampo. Walking is great, I see so much more than driving!

Here's a map of where I went today, and a few pictures, unfortunately I ran out of room on the camera just before a red minivan drove buy, the guy shouted "HEY!" and held up a sign saying "tamales" and I said, "Si!!":
.

Don't you love this door?


The School at Javier Mina and Simon Morua


The local Mercado and the furniture store(this is where I saw my pelican chair, which has now been painted but is still for sale, remember this?:

This new OXXO store has gone up in record time at the corner of Sonora and Josefa, it should be open soon. It's another 24 hour convenience store.

Hot wings:



These are the places where you can get returnable beer bottles. Bottle bought elsewhere are non-returnable, but cans must have some value because people collect them.



Taking the right off Josefa onto Miguel de Hidalgo:


And this is where I saw Tamale man and discovered I'd taken the wrong wallet so just had enough change to buy the tamales. Another trip I'll go back to this point and take you a little further, including the local bakery.

No comments: