Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Photography break-through

I never thought to look at my ISO (long time since I learned anything about photography, thanks, Cheryl). All I did was set it to automatic and take the exposure way down, and we have a big difference! Blue skies! yay!

I just went for a long walk, it is actually hot today, about 23. Saturday's supposed to be even warmer, and I propose a beach day. We saw a very happy, very white man on the beach today, in a chair with a book and a couple of beers, he even took a plunge.

Supper tonight is shrimp quesadillas, I bought the elements while out on my walk. I figure cook shrimp and onion, mix it with some mayo and maybe a little cream cheese and lemon or lime juice, add some finely diced tomato, spread it over the tortilla and top it with a little grated cheddar. Then cook until heated through. Yep, that may not be authentic, but I'm salivating.

I wanted to show that not all the houses in this neighborhood are colorful and charming, some are plain and small,

b

And some are still under construction:


And some are for sale!




This is our place from the back:



The window of the local florist:




Drive through beer. Yep.

Cool place:

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yaay! Huge difference in the photos!
23ยบ eh? Above zero! Hmmm, we're looking at -23 here on the weekend. (Insert loud groan here) I guess we should've left on our trip last week.
Your shrimp quesadillas sound great, beats the heck out of the toast that I had for dinner.

Anonymous said...

btw - viscious is the correct pisco sour spelling....
Dano

Mel150 said...

You two will have to mix me a couple of those pisco sours when you get here.