Saturday, November 29, 2008

all is well

The car is finally fixed, and it runs great. The whole thing including the tow, the next door neighbors, the parts & the labor from three other mechanics came to only 5000 pesos, about $462.

I went to participate in the Turkey Trot today, an event to gather food and money for the poor of Peñasco. I was in the 2K walk, and came in 2nd. I thought 2K was enough given my hip issues. There were also a 5 K walk, and several distances of runs and a raffle. Fun was had by all.

Next we took Shadow to the beach, but he can't go to the one we usually go to, because they had someone letting off M80s or something yesterday, and he ran away. He has a long memory, so today as soon as we got there he wanted to leave. We took him to Mirador instead. We'll try to fool him tomorrow by going to another entrance to Playa Bonita.

Then we headed off to taste of Peñasco! We liked it very much, entertainment, sun, art, and food, right on the ocean. No pictures 'cause I forgot my camera, but I will be able to find plenty plus a video I'm sure.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! I had a lot of catch-up reading to do, but I'm back up to speed on life in Mexico.
Unfortunately, I chose to play on blogs today instead of getting my butt to a grocery store so there is absolutely NOTHING in the house to eat. We're down to tinned mushrooms and Taz's kibble....

Mel150 said...

Glad to see you back on the blog! I'll check out your today when I have time to have a good read.