Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why we moved here




o

There are many reasons why we moved down here, but I have to say the fact that it's going to be 30 degrees tomorrow and I can have a beach day has got to be way, way up there. It has been a little cooler the last week, (not cool, just not hot), but temperatures are rising again, and the tide's high at 1:30 PM.

The electrical has been perfect the last week, and although we had to buy a new amp, that's not that big a deal- we needed more inputs anyway. I'm almost finished putting up a new website at www.diabeticmealprograms.com, an offshoot of www.magickitchen.com as you will surely see.

I also have two more projects on the go, as well as a possible actor's website in January. So we're keeping busy. As I said, beaching tomorrow, and maybe some fish for supper. We bought what the fish guy said was sea bass last week, and marinated and barbecued it, and it was tough and chewy- sorta like the scallops we had. I'm not sure what's up with that, but maybe I should stick with snapper.

I decided to drive out to Mayan Palace yesterday, and ended up on a beach at Playa Miramer. It's off another road they're building to the Mayan Palace, which I couldn't get anywhere near. Probably just as well, it seems like a vortex, if you get in you might never get out. I did see the airport they're building, and people are still working on it, so hopefully in not too long you'll be able to fly right in here!

I'll go out to that Playa again, there are houses all along the beach and I'll take some pictures for you. Here are some:
http://homes.point2.com/MX/Sonora/Puerto-Penasco-Rocky-Point/East-Beach/Playa-Miramar/1519401-Real-Estate.aspx

I thought about going out there tomorrow because it's so deserted right now, but after going to Playa Bonita in town today, I see no reason to drive anywhere for a deserted beach. There might have been ten people on the two-kilometre sweep of sand today.

Shadow is the king of waves now, the other day I watched him with a little trepidation as he plunged headlong into waves well over his head. He loved it though, and is the bravest dog ever, anywhere. No, don't bother to argue, I just know he is.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

He is the best dog, but it's hard to tell from the pix who is cutest, him or Carl. That water looks so good I might chase the kong! Only a tiny bit jealous as I put up Christmas lights today in the cold drizzle. I'm SO glad your electrical stuff had been ok, what a worry that must have been. Alright I'm off to check out the new website.
luv ya

Alicia said...

OK I love the little guy in the doctor coat. He kinda looks like Barney Rubble.

Mel150 said...

Yes, the water's great, I went for a swim yesterday! It was cool, but not anywhere near as cold as either the Pacific ocean off Vancouver or the North Atlantic. For that matter, not nearly as cold as the Bow River in August!