Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Plums and peaches

Dan and Cheryl and Taz are gone now, we were sad to see them go.

Shadow was especially sad.


Taz- what a pretty girl.



Vincent, the famous vw bus.



The bougainvillea plants Cheryl helped me pick out:


Cheryl also helped me plant some seeds, I am hoping to have an herb garden soon. Mint(for mojitas, or as we re-christened them, Athenas, for Greek night.), parsley, garlic chives and sweet basil.

Weather is around 23 degrees, and Shadow's back in the water after his ear infection. We saw a new technique for selling beaded necklaces the other day. A woman sent her two kids over to us, and they threw their arms around us and wouldn't let us go. It was pretty cute, and the woman and I shared a smile. It worked, too, Carl bought a necklace, but I really hope it doesn't catch on.

When we first arrived here, I was a little disappointed with the produce, but apparently all I had to do was wait. There are good peaches and plums at the market, along with fresh everything. I'm waiting now, I expect there will be a sweet corn season.

I'm trying to eat better, which is easier when you can fill your fridge with tomatoes, cukes, red peppers, celery, fresh radishes, cantaloupe, watermelon, peaches, pears, plums, apples and oranges.

That's all for now, just a quick update before I go to work on the paper. Which, by-the-way, is starting to show dividends.

1 comment:

Shirl said...

Welcome to the fresh vegetable season in Mexico. We loved it.
It is even moving up here and we are getting great red peppers and cauliflower at a reasonable price. We used to buy the oranges in a 50 lb bag and have had lemons the size of grapefruit. Don't look for sweet corn the Mexicans eat what we would call cattle corn and it is barbequed on the street. They say it is good but we havn't tried it. Weather sounds great with our snowfall yesterday but it's supposed to rain on Sunday so it should all be gone. Love to you both.